Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lemon Profiteroles

Choux paste, piped into balls. Filled with lemon curd. Otherwise known as profiteroles, or cream puffs. I think I'll stick with profiterole since cream puff just sounds lame.




Usually these are made with pastry cream as a filling, but I had so much lemon curd left from making three lemon tarts this week so I wanted to use it up. They were pretty awesome.
Speaking of pastry cream, I struck gold on friday. Chef said we could make a tart with pastry cream and flavor it with whatever we wanted. Naturally, I went straight for the booze section in the storage room. I grabbed a bottle of Jim Beam and poured about 30-40g of it into the pastry cream (about 700g of PC). OMFG this was the best thing I've made so far in pastry school. If I ever get my own pastry shop, bourbon pastry cream is gonna be one of my specialties.

I think the tart week was the best week so far. This came as a shock to the chef. He has the impression that I hate being there because I don't smile all the time, or something. I think I need to work on my ass-kissing and bullshitting skills.

Tomorrow we'll be spending the entire day watching a gum paste demo. I honestly don't really know what gum paste is and I don't even care enough to look it up on google. I know it's for wedding cakes and not much else, so I don't give a shit about it. Then the rest of the week is exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment